Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Everything New

I found some new tools but in the process forgot to work my old ones correctly. This morning I ran with the Y Runners. Didn't exactly sync up my forerunner before heading out with the unfortunate result that the run was ~1.3 miles shorter. I was so bummed (in light of new tools I wanted to experiment with-see below) that I went out for another short run this afternoon. Kinda threw the caution regarding my foot to the wind. Turns out once I got new tools working that when Forerunner is missing mileage like this the whole run wasn't a wash... as my husband would say: it is just as if the first ~1.3 miles of the run never happened for "Mr. Beep Beep".

So check out my new tools (this course was actually an out and back so you can tell where the missing miles were):

Map 1

and

Map 2 (be sure to check out all the different features, like "hybrid", on this one).

Ahh, I had grand plans for the blog today but I just spent the last 2+ hours playing with these new tools and it is time to move onto more productive things.

Run 1: ~4.4 miles
Run 2: 2.6 miles
Estimated Total: 7 miles

On the subject of new things-
New Critter Spotting: Lots and lots of green beetles on the yellow trail this afternoon
New Gadget: New armband to carry my mini
New Scenery: Grown women in our neighborhood (at pool, in driveway, doesn't seem to matter) trying to catch some rays. Hmm, kind of an odd thing to see for someone like me who has spent a good deal of time in places where "sunning" is looked down upon, but it did bring me back to the time I spent in Florida in high school. The lying out should have probably been my sign that it was HOT and SUNNY and I think New Gadget isn't really good for such days (its heavy/thick/promotes sweat and I am going to get one stellar tan from it too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home