Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hi from Florida

Today has been, well, an okay day. It started out excellent. I sat by the pool and the beach getting work done and really feeling like this project was almost coming to an end. Then I came up to shower (I hate beach stink and I went in the ocean to cool off) and change bathing suits and it started to storm. Not only did it start to storm but they started testing the PA system in the hotel. Now I don’t know how testing it once doesn’t mean it is tested but this continued for 3 hours. So I couldn’t nap, couldn’t work, couldn’t go outside (bad thunder and lightening) and about went nuts. I was also waiting for a phone call this whole time but every time I took a step I felt like I was in the Verizon commercial because I kept going no signal. But the storm has stopped and the day is looking up. I think I may try to run a few more miles and get in strides given the post-storm cool. Tonight I am off to dinner with friends which should be fun.

Oops, I left out the run. Before the pool/beach thing I actually went for a run. I ran 4 miles which was ok since I didn’t sleep last night and so didn’t get out until 7:30. If I thought TN was humid I must have forgotten what FL was like. I actually ran out along the road and then had the brilliant idea to run back on the beach thinking it would be cooler on the other side of the dunes with the wind blowing. My calves ache now and not a good ache. My feet were also not feeling the sneakers sinking into the sand and felt yucky. But besides my body revolting it was a bit idealistic. I just wished I was flat, could run with bikini, and could jump in the water to cool off every 5 minutes.

Yesterday, I ran 6 with the Y girls. They were making fun of me for wearing a cotton shirt in this heat but dry-fit has been chafing me to death lately.

Oh I had dinner with daddy yesterday night (I am having serious chronological issues in this post). He was amused by my hair. I think maybe he just used to have so much fun teasing me about having Chelsea Clinton hair and now that I have virtually none he had to come up with something else to be mean about. Don't worry it didn't take long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home