Saturday, June 03, 2006

French Fries

To prevent everyone from thinking I was a slacker I decided I should probably take a second to blog. Actually I have been a slacker. Thursday we did a 2 mile warm-up and then ran drills. Wow, I am not sure if it was drills or the lunges that followed or maybe the fact that we did them out in the tremendous heat, but I am now having trouble doing everyday tasks like sitting on the toilet. Yesterday, I spent 80 minutes on the elliptical trying to work it out but it didn’t really help. I probably should have gone to the gym and used the bike. I can’t wait until we get one of those for our new home gym.

Now I am waiting for the boys to wake up. We have a friend in from out of town for the weekend and we are going to take him to PWP for a bike/run combination (boys bike, Jamie attempts to run). Given the hills and my current situation I am not sure if that won’t end up a bike/walk combination. Oh and to add to the soreness I spent the evening downing the most ridiculous plate of French fries. Probably the tastiest I have ever had. Our friend is recently single and a mutual friend had recommended Cabana for its tremendous scenery—he was totally dead-on. There was this girl at the table next to us who was probably my age and sporting what I think was a nice set of silicon and topped off with a small piece of fabric wrapped around her neck that was not doing much to cover anything up. The fabric was also shinny green and everyone was just staring. I saw this guy walk past and so obviously look down the fabric and then get this goofy grin on his face. It was priceless. What was better was the fact that it was 3:1 women and every woman there looked and dressed in some variation on this girl. I think Paris Hilton was sitting behind us. So what did I do? Sit there and eat a plate of the most delectable fries… a big plate, but the menu said they were fried in non-trans fat oil so of course they didn’t count. We followed this up with a trip to a smokey honky tonk where the music was a bit disappointing. The run today should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home