Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Another week

I ran 6 miles yesterday in about 50 minutes. I am sort of guessing at the mileage because my watch said 5.4 and I had run a slightly shorter route with a group and they had said it was 7 miles. I was trying to run fast but I didn't feel very loose. I did pass some guy on the yellow trail who said "you are going really fast this morning"--so I would like to think I was going faster than 9 minute miles. This morning we did about 5 miles. I didn't wear a watch but I don't think it was very fast. We stopped a little early to chat with two "injured runners." The older woman has been sidelined for 10 months with a stress fracture. We had also earlier been chatting about stress fractures. So this brings me to the number one reason why I run: because I can. This might sound dumb but I run because whenever I can't run I am miserable and realize just how incredible it is to be able to run.

So I have had some questions about our trip. We are leaving Saturday for 8 days in the Wild West (well really just the Southwest). Saturday night we are going to try to get in the "wild" part partying in Las Vegas. Sunday we will drive to Zion. I am very excited to get in some good hiking. Wednesday we will leave for Bryce. We are going to do some horse back riding and mountain biking which should be fun. Friday on our way back to Vegas we will stop at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and stay in a cabin on the rim. Saturday it is back to Vegas and home. I hope to post some pictures when we get back.

And I almost forgot: I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home