Sunday, June 04, 2006

Week in Review

I got in a SLOW 5.1 miler this morning. Actually it was more like 2 miles run, walk a mile, and then 3.1 miles of hilly running. I felt like crap so I was glad I did as well as I did. Also didn't get out early enough and the sun was really bearing down on me. I ran a total of 37.5 miles this week and crosstrained 4-5 days so I am pleased. In college I would run 70+ miles a week every now and then but 37.5 is a record for the recent history (since Boston last year at least). I want to run a Fall marathon and while I was holding out hoping that I would be able to coordinate schedules better with an old running buddy I think I need to bite the bullet and sign up for one so I can have a more concrete goal. My goal #1 for this week is to get 40 miles in and since we are taking off for vacation Saturday afternoon that is going to need to happen in 6 days. My goal #2 is I want to start running more quality miles which I will qualify as miles in less than 8:30 (well I would prefer sub 8:15 training miles but those are difficult right now). My goal #3 is I want to get out the door before 6:30am except when running with a group.

Now I have a question I would like all my NUMEROUS followers to help with and I will try to keep it PG-13. Can muscles be supple? I said yesterday how the humidity makes my muscles supple (in this context thinking it meant: loose/long but easy to be torn) and was told that adjective could only modify a part of female anatomy. Actually they made fun of me and my supple muscles for the rest of the day like a bunch of 13 year old boys. Can muscles be supple?

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer, put simply, is yes. But them boys in there rightful place.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gentle jesus. their not there. kill me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home