Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dead Legs

It has gotten really hot and muggy and the forecast looks horrible. My legs are absolutely dead. I decided to skip my speedwork this week because I raced last Tuesday and then did a super fast long run (considering the hills) Saturday. I should've scaled back the mileage but this is the last week I have time and I wanted to build a bit on my solid base. Mistake. I was supposed to do a 10 mile aerobic this morning but my legs were totally dead: they didn't want to move. It was later than usual (7am) but it was still ridiculously hot for that time. I ended up just doing 3.75 miles. Then I fertilized our acre yard which included quite a bit of running (patience isn't my strength and walking back and forth pushing that thing is worse than the treadmill). I followed it up tonight with some time on the elliptical/recumbent bike and am going to try for 10 miles tomorrow (getting out earlier hopefully).

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I am glad that you are at least trying to get out tommorow for 10 miles.

Good luck!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger mouse said...

I can't even imagine the heat and humidity that you have to deal with down there. it's bad enough here, and I can hardly handle it.

what race are you training for? (sorry if it's in the archives somewhere... I couldn't find it in recent posts) you're following pfitz? I just finished AM. good stuff. I feel like I understand things a lot better now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home