Thursday, July 06, 2006

I've found a new toy

The new computer cord for my Garmin arrived a week ago. I had to finally break down and spend $12 plus another $6 shipping and handling for a small cord but now I am sure glad I did. I initially had a traumatic and not very successful try at the MotionBased software, but today when I decided to give it another chance it had improved by leaps and bounds. I LOVE IT! And the best part is that it corrects some of the inaccuracies due to weak signal so I can get a more accurate distance reading. Well the best part could also be that you can now download straight into it and there is no need to deal with converting files or anything like that.

I ran 10.45 miles this morning. I really ran about 6 by myself (well minus a mile where I ran into a friend who I decided to run with) and then joined up with the Y group and ran another 4.5. Unfortunately, I had to wait about 6 minutes in between but I stretched and today was one of those runs where I was just trying to get miles in. It was a pretty flat run and I was surprised but after downloading the run and getting the accurate distance it turns out I ran 8:39 min/mile which is great considering I wasn't pushing it at all. I have to chalk that up to the fact that it is 15 degrees colder today than it has been. A perfectly beautiful day actually!

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few days now and would like to invite you to submit your RSS feed to Riotnews.com. I just started this site and adding your RSS feed is free right now. I hope to see you add your feed, I truly like the blog. Keep on running.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't Garmins awesome? I need to get out the instrution book and read throught it. I'm sure there are some features that I've not yet discovered!

Way to go on the run!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger mg said...

I haven't played with MotionBased a lot, but I like what I've tried so far. Recovering the distance is awesome.

Nice pace on the run; congrats on your 4th 5K too!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I really want a Garmin. It would very awesome and help me with my training. **sigh** But it will have to wait.

Nice run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home