Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shopping

Monday: 6.5 miles
Tuesday: 7 miles
Both general aerobic and around 8:45-9 min/miles. It has gotten hot again and the air is REAL still.

I have also done quite a bit of shopping the past few days and therefore walking. I have had two objectives:

1. Catch up on birth gifts. We have a bunch of owed birth presents as I am pretty bad at keeping up... but now they are in the mail. My mom guilted me into realizing that I need to send presents whenever I get a birth announcement. Maybe it is because I don't have children but sometimes I feel like they are just an FYI--especially when it is from a couple that we have had no communication with in 1+ years. Well now all the presents are in the mail and I stocked up on gifts for the coming months (now I am really turning into my mom who had a birthday gift drawer when we were kids). SHOPPING SUCCESS.

2. Shop for work clothes. I like to just blend in at work. I wish I was a guy and could get away with dress pants and a different dress shirt everyday. I do aim for easy simple separates or even better suit dresses (ok that is probably not what they are called). Anyone seen them around lately?... they used to have them all the time at Ann Taylor Loft but now they have disappeared. My husband says I was scarred during my youth from shopping with my frugal mother... I can't spend money on myself. In case you couldn't guess SHOPPING FAILURE.

5 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Retail therapy is my personal favorite.

BTW, a baby gift drawer is a great idea.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I love shopping, but I simply don't have the money to do it.

Awesome job on the run!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

I'm the same way on the baby gifts! I need to stock up. Funny how old friends finally get back in touch when it's time for announcements, eh? :)

Great running in this heat!

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think birth announcements are like Christmas Cards - just checking in and no need for a gift.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger mg said...

So I should've sent a gift for the announcement I just got? Hmmm ... I thought the same as you, that it was a FYI (esp. since the baby was born 3 mo ago). While I don't get to buy nice clothes for work, I also have problems spending money on myself. My husband thinks I'm weird because I probably return 75% of clothes I buy because I get incredible buyers remorse after getting home. When I used to buy nicer outfits, I sometimes had luck at the Limited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home